Inner peace can seem increasingly difficult to reach in a day and age that prides itself on encouraging people to work harder, longer and faster.
The good news is that it’s been inside of you all along. Any time you want to reach in and grab your inner peace, you can find it. All you have to do is relax, close your eyes and learn to go with the flow…
Believe it or not that sense of peace is always there, waiting for us. We just have to learn how to tap into it and truly let go. Once we learn how to do this, we’ll find that it comes to us naturally. All that resistance was really just fear and the mind trying to place its negativity upon us. It wasn’t real at all. What we feel is real…is the silence, from which all other chaos comes.
For the silence is our truest friend. It will always be there for us. In times of hardship, happiness, or despair…we can find solace inside that inner space, where peace truly resides. It doesn’t matter if you have 5 minutes or 5 hours, so long as your intention is there – you can find true peace.
Inner Peace is Only a Breath Away…
No matter how busy you are, it’s possible to immediately step into a place of inner peace by following these simple steps:
- Find a quiet space, ideally somewhere that you won’t be disturbed. It might be at your desk, near the water fountain for 5-10 minutes or even on a bus – just anywhere you can feel comfortable preferably.
- Close your eyes. Gently and slowly breathe in and out of your mouth.
- Visualise a white or light pink bubble around your physical body, protecting and keeping you safe from all harm.
- Chant a simple mantra like ‘Aum’ that creates a vibration within your being.
- Use mala beads and gently touch them, placing your intentions or affirmations onto each bead as you slowly count each one on your hand.
The process of finding inner peace really can be as simple as following the five steps above. Alternatively you might want to use a simple 5 minute meditation such as the Headspace app by Andy Puddicombe or a guided meditation of your choice from YouTube. But if you need more help with deriving inner peace on the go why not check out the following resources? They are ideal for anyone who feels spiritually strapped on time…